L.A. district attorney’s office declines to charge Diddy for UCLA confrontation….#mustbenice
The Los Angeles County district attorney’s office declined to file felony charges against hip hop mogul
Sean “Diddy” Combs, it was announced on Thursday.
Combs was arrested June 20 at UCLA’s athletics facilities for a charge of assault with a deadly weapon, which was a kettlebell. He was also charged with one count of making terrorist threats and one count of battery. Diddy’s son, Justin Combs, is a defensive back on the Bruins’ football team.
DA spokesman Ricardo Santiago said his office has decided to turn the case over to the Los Angeles city attorney’s office, where lesser misdemeanor charges could be considered.
Combs, 45, said in a statement released June 24 that he was defending himself and his son.
“The various accounts of the event and charges that are being reported are wholly inaccurate,” a representatives for Combs Enterprises said. “What we can say now is that any actions taken by Mr. Combs were solely defensive in nature to protect himself and his son.”
The incident involved UCLA strength and conditioning coach and former New York Jets staffer Sal Alosi but details of the altercation were not made clear.
UCLA has denied a USA TODAY Sports request through the state’s public record laws for any video footage of the dispute.
“I’m thankful that our staff showed the level of professionalism that they did in handling this situation,” UCLA coach Jim Mora said in a statement issued through the school. “This is an unfortunate incident for all parties involved. While UCPD continues to review this matter, we will let the legal process run its course and refrain from further comment at this time.”
here is a video of Diddy’s son Quincy Brown calling his father’s arrest earlier in the week a “hiccup”
at the BET Awards. (June 29) via the AP